Well, Maggie's incision looks great. No evidence of infection or a spinal fluid leak. However, when we told him her headaches are not lessening and are at times worse than before the surgery, he said that Maggie's case was severe and it may take months before we see any real improvement. The body is adjusting to the changes in her brain, and it can take some time. This is encouraging and discouraging. I am so grateful he is confident the surgery will take away her headaches. I was just hoping it would be sooner! We knew this was not a quick fix; somehow I lost sight of that. And now I must be patient, and wait for her to heal. It is hard to see her in pain! But each day overall she copes very well and enjoys life. Much of the day she is pain-free. There is so much for which to be grateful, and I will stay focused on the blessings.
Thank you for praying for her.
I am so glad the appt. went well!! I know it is probably discouraging that things won't improve quite as quickly as you had hoped, but it will happen all in God's time, and for His purposes. Love you!
ReplyDelete